Monday, February 23, 2009

"Did You Know?"

In class today, Professor Daniel's showed the class a short video (4:22) from YouTube called "Did You Know?" It showed the relevance of technology from years ago to today. Several different aspects of technology were portrayed. Information was provided to me that I never even knew. The numbers were unbelievable. The amount of people who use technology in the world increases each and every day. I feel that people make their lives revolve around technology. Where would we be if this didn't exist? Would people shut down and not have anything else to rely on?

One piece of information that caught my attention was the number of babies born in China and India as the presentation was being given. It always interested me to know what other people in the world were doing at the exact same time as me. Something else that took me by surprise was that all the statistical numbers given were greater than the amount the United States. I always thought that we, the U.S. exceeded in everything compared to every other country. Technology is booming and it will continue to grow as the years progress. What will life be like 20 years from now? Will it better or take a turn for the worst?

Images are from flikr.

No comments:

Post a Comment