Sunday, April 5, 2009

"Daddy's New Friend"

Some time has passed and your ex-husband things it's the right time to introduce his "new fling" to your children. What do you do? Do you have the right to say anything? Is it the child's decision on what he or she wants to do? The tale of a true story....

About a month ago, a young girl went on a visit with her father and was accompanied by his new girlfriend. The young girl comes home to her father telling her all about it, "she is so pretty and her hair is so long." The mother had nothing else to think about except the fact that it was his new girlfriend. The father has obviously decided to bring his new girlfriend to his daugther's custodial visit. The mother calls to confirm this and he does confirm that this happened. Not only did his daughter meet this new woman, but former friends of the couples also did.

Trying to keep in her anger the mother asks, "what happens if she gets attached to...this one?" The father goes on to explain that she is genuine and very sweet and that their daughters best interests are at heart. The mother is in a really tough spot right now? How will she ever explain to her daugther that her father is physically attracted to his pretty lady friend? The daughter comes home from their annual visits telling her mommy about how daddy's pretty friend was holding her hand as they crossed the street or how she bought her favorite candy. All a mother can do it put on a fake smile and wipe the tears from her face.

Being put in a situation like this is not easy. My dad's new "friend" is believe it or not an old family friend. She will never get an ounce of respect for me or a day in the world to tell her story. She hurt my mother terribly and it is time for her to get a taste of her own medicine! (...as you can tell I have deep hatred for this woman and it takes a lot for me to hate someone) A 20-year-old child of divorce states, "At this point in my life, I'm almost positive I'll never get married. There is 0.5% chance of my getting married. I'm just so disillusioned by the whoe concept. I don't think my parents divorce as affected me negatively that much. Their marriage, however, has screwed me up more than I'll probably ever know."

Images are from flikr.

No comments:

Post a Comment